As one of the nation's 115 top-tier public research universities, we are focused on creating tomorrow’s knowledge. Our students excel as teachers, artists, engineers and everything in between. They learn in creative environments that combine academic excellence, hands-on experience and thought-provoking research to spark their imaginations and fill their minds. We give students an educational experience that challenges and enriches them, ensuring they have the power to compete with anyone, anywhere.
Students work side-by-side with faculty and learn from respected scholars and industry insiders.
- ONLY: UNT's political science program is one of the nation's two NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates political science programs.
- 270: UNT is one of the state's top universities for doctoral education, having awarded 270 doctoral degrees last year.
- INNOVATIVE SCHOLARS: UNT has 1,900 talented faculty members, many who are experts in their fields and have earned honors such as Fulbrights, Guggenheim fellowships, National Medal of Arts honors, and Grammy, Emmy and Pulitzer nominations.
- 4: UNT has one member of the National Academy of Engineering, one member of the National Academy of Sciences and two members of the National Academy of Inventors.
- 13: UNT has 13 faculty who have earned National Science Foundation CAREER awards.
- ACCELERATED LEARNING: Our Texas Academy of Math and Science — the nation's first residential program for gifted high schoolers to take research-oriented college classes while earning a diploma — is a pipeline for STEM education.
With 220 degree programs, UNT is the path to any career choice. UNT’s programs give students the knowledge, skills and tools to excel and stand out in the workplace.
- TOP: UNT is one of Texas' top producers of students taking and passing the state certification exam.
- EXPERIENCED: Students who are aspiring teachers are placed in 200 schools in North Texas for two semesters of student teaching — more than twice the field experience of most university programs.
- TOP 6: UNT’s logistics program is ranked 6th among supply chain programs in the U.S. by Gartner Research and is a Lockheed Martin corporate program.
- TOP 15: U.S. News & World Report ranks UNT’s online M.B.A. program for veterans 13th nationally. The program also is recognized repeatedly as a Best Buy.