Every day, UNT reaches out to the community to create partnerships and offer helpful services, making us the university for North Texas and beyond. UNT also creates opportunities for our students by building mutually beneficial partnerships with global businesses and others to build better curricula and to leverage their expertise. Through these community outreach efforts and partnerships, UNT provides resources and services to improve our quality of life and help us prepare leaders for the next-generation workforce.
- Through UNT’s partnership with Texas Motor Speedway, students studying sports management and marketing, hospitality and event management and business will have access to internships, class projects and in-class lectures from the Texas Motor Speedway staff.
- UNT teamed up with the Dallas Cowboys to grow awareness of the university and create academic opportunities. As a result, UNT has a significant presence at AT&T Stadium and The Star, the Cowboys World Headquarters, along with the Ford Center at The Star.
UNT students are getting real-world education opportunities through internships and research projects to put their education into action.
- FOURTH HIGHEST: The DFW area has the fourth highest concentration of Fortune 500 companies in the U.S.
- 500: More than 500 companies including Toyota, Lockheed Martin and Southwest Airlines have offered students internships.
- 12th: DFW is ranked 12th in the nation by Forbes for creating the most tech jobs.
- 10,000: More than 10,000 of DFW’s UNT alumni hold executive titles.
UNT’s partnerships are expanding the borders of the university in China. Together with Beijing Normal University, UNT provides collaborative academic and research activities. A joint research and development laboratory is being created to focus on smart learning technologies and intelligent learning environments to benefit students.
A new partnership with NetDragon — an innovator in Chinese internet gaming and education delivery software — is producing new education software tools for UNT student communication, helping to make UNT leaders in education technology.
Art in Public Spaces
As part of UNT’s partnership with the Frisco Arts Walk, the renowned UNT One O’Clock Lab Band, other UNT lab bands and UNT Jazz Singers immersed themselves in the community with performances helping to celebrate Frisco’s citywide art in public spaces.